Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw on eyeOS

From: fallingdutch
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw on eyeOS
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:38:56 +0200

> > > phpgroupware/index.php acts as a dispatcher already.  But the app knows
> > > if it needs to output the header/navbar/footer etc, there is not a
> > > generic solution to this as you propose.
> >
> > I don't understand why there is no generic solution? (because i dont know
> > (yet) much about the way phpgroupware grew and its applications work in
> > detail)
> > My (very simple) solution would be eg:
> > fill an array with all the data and then let index.php parse
> > the information into the given template or not.
> >

> the reason is that phpgw uses css and js, whose blocks are supposed to
> be in in the <head>.  if phpgw isn't drawing the head of the page then
> it can't do this.  however, most broswers will deal with these blocks
> being the body, so if you are willing to break spec and cause problems
> for certain browsers (not IE and Firefox) then it's possibly to make a
> new flag to accomplish this.

I just reread the eyeOS documentation and it says, that all js and css files
are automatic load by eyeOS when they are in the application direcotry, so
css and js wouldn't be the problem.

> > > this won't work, as phpgroupware/todo/index.php just redirects to the
> > > dispatcher with the correct method call
> >
> > if the application would "only" fill an array with data it would work imho
> >

> which would require a complete redesign of phpgw's UI and templating
> subsystem.

so the solution would be to outsource the css and js into files and create a
new eyeOS
template that has no navbar and no footer.
And move phpgwapi to a dir for all applications.
eg:
/eyeOS/apps/todo, /eyeOS/apps/sshclient, /eyeOS/apps/project,
/eyeOS/usr/lib/phpgwapi

Anything against this solution?

> > this is what I ment by the above "where to store the framework"
>
> I've never tried moving phpgwapi outside the phpgw dir, but I don't
> see why this wouldn't work.

that sounds very nice, will try it when the auth/session work

> > > I am lost here.
> >
> > too bad :( any other?
> >

> phpgw can be made to run in any dir name, or even in the root of the
> site if you wish.  not sure how mixing it with other apps in the same
> dir would work

will try it, too and tell you if it works