Re: SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects

From: Dr. Christian Böttger
Subject: Re: SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:49:21 +0200

Hi,

Sigurd Nes schrieb:

Why can't we do as Maât suggest - and we should all be happy:

<snip>
write down quality rules or phpgroupware best practices to help app developers create elegant code that will have a better effect on design beauty and global performance and phpgw image than locking things and managing developers grunting.
</snip>

Because my experience on the last years show that some developers happily ignore any coding guidelines if they can save a few minutes when coding or when they just feel like it. Or do not even read the guidelines. Some basic principles like in this case need to be enforced some way, otherwise we will never get rid of "broken as designed" type code.

Regards

CB aka bofh42

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
Dr. Christian Böttger (Dipl.Phys.) DF5OP        Open Source Broker