Re: [Phpgroupware-users] "Betting Your Company" on PHPGroupware

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] "Betting Your Company" on PHPGroupware
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 06:56:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Doug,

My response here will be brief - as I meant to be holidays.  18 months
ago I was in a similar position to yourself.  My last employer did not
renew my contract, and I decided that I hates working for others.  I now
run a small consulting business in Australia.  Things are not perfect,
but I am not starving.

Anyway, enough about me.  I think phpgw can be a profitable.  The 16
release which is very close now will be a big improvement on 14.  I know
of several business using phpgw in large install environments.  Email
has some scaling issues, but other than that make sure you use high spec
boxes with lots of RAM and you should be fine.

Feel free to email me off list if you want more info.  I may not respond
immediately as I am travelling around Germany for the next two weeks.

Cheers

Dave