Re: [Phpgroupware-users] users & groups

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] users & groups
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:44:54 +0200

Mandi! Dave Hall
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Do you have any patches we could include?  I also want LDAP to work a
> little better in 16.

...no, sorry, i'm a very little PHP programmer, the complexity of phpgw
are too for my time... but i've clear that these 2 things have to be
done, at least:

1) separate the numberspace of group from the numberspace of user, so
as in normal unix world could exist an use with uid=1001 and a group
with gid=1001.

2) use the standard LDAP membership (via memberUid field in group) to
track membership, not the acl method

2b) add a concept of ``default/main group'' for a user.

these are well known unix concept, i think there's no need to explain.
Think as storing the phpgw user in /etc/(passwd|group) files, there's
no big differences. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

         Proteggiamo l'innovazione in Europa: no ai brevetti software
                           http://swpat.xsec.it/