Re: WorldObj vs. Groundpieces

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: WorldObj vs. Groundpieces
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:29:44 +0200

On Monday 16 September 2002 12:52, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> My new approach would be to unify the Groundpieces with the WorldObjs,
> that would basically only mean to add one functions to the WorldObj,
> something like:

Sounds good. Did you also think about merging things like HotSpot to the
point where they may be created by the WorldObjDataFactory? This would make
things easier to understand.

> I would also like to change:
> WorldObj* create_WorldObj ()
> EditorObjLst create_EditorObj ();

> void create_WorldObj (World*);
> void create_EditorObj (Editor*);

Sounds like a better approach. It's cleaner and should boost performance a
bit since we need less copying around of data.

> I would like to seperate the objects into there own tree:

Sounds good like the rest.

Since I guess that you'll need help with all that - just explain what part's
you're going to do and where you'd like help.

Bye David