Re: new style pingu

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: new style pingu
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:04:22 +0100

> From: basse <address@hidden>
> Subject: new style pingu

> well, I have one preview of 3 slighty different shapes of pingu.. am I
> even close with these dudes?
>
> http://basse.no-ip.org/pingus/
>

> or.. what direction I should go on?

Wow.  I like them.

I especially love the mock up GUI.  I can just imagine putting the cursor
over each Pingu and seeing a halo all around the Pingu.

I also thought of the "animated" Pingus that Ingo wanted.  If you look at
the Pingu in the "S" and imagine the cord is longer.  Another Pingu walks
along the back, sees the cord and pulls it.  The Pingu looks puzzled,
shrugs its shoulders and walks off the screen.  Little does the Pingu
realise that the one in the "S" has now fallen off...

May be have a Pingu on the ladder painting the Pingu sign, with another
Pingu holding the ladder steady.  But the paint pot near the Pingu on the
ladder falls on to the head of the Pingu below.  The Pingu then wanders
around aimlessly.

Basically, there would be no problem keeping the GUI itself stationary.
But have lots of little jokes that Pingus play out in the background, like
what I described.  Probably need to have lots, otherwise people would get
"bored".  Either that or have some of the jokes happen much much less
often than the others.  Even better have both options!

Apart from that fact that may be the foreheads of the Pingus should be
shorter still(!) excellent!!

Thanks,
Gervase.