Compiling on Windows: fixes

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Compiling on Windows: fixes
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:26:12 -0000

Hi

I'm back, and have Window's issues to fix now:

1)
The update-dsp shell script had a mismatch of open groups, close groups
statements, and wasn't working, attached is a 3 line patch, that should
work. Sadly I can't get shell scripts executing, I go into zsh, type
"update-dsp.sh" (and without the .sh) and it just tells me it can't find the
command, any ideas? Because of this I can't check the script, but it should
work

The .dsp folders used to match the directory structure, which makes it a lot
easier to work with, now they are all in one single folder. I appreciate
that no one who works under Linux could care less about this, so I'll fix it
when I get .sh scripts working.

2)
I have also attached my .dsp file for people who want to try
compiling/working on Windows, NOT for committing. To get this working rename
gui/surface_button.cxx -> gui/neil_surface_button.cxx. This is mainly for
Björn.

3)
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++
---------------------------
The source files
"C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\surface_button.cxx
" and
"C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\gui\surface_button
.cxx" are both configured to produce the output file
"C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\Debug\surface_button.o
bj".
The project cannot be built.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
Can all files be give a unique name, are both these files required, there is
already gui_surface_button.cxx and surface_button.cxx * 2 now.

4)
--------------------Configuration: pingus - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
object_selector.cxx
C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\editor\object_selec
tor.cxx(294) : error C2562: 'get_entrance' : 'void' function returning a
value

c:\documents\programs\active\pingus\src\games\pingus\src\editor\object_selec
tor.hxx(70) : see declaration of 'get_entrance'
C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\editor\object_selec
tor.cxx(417) : error C2562: 'select_obj_type' : 'void' function returning a
value

c:\documents\programs\active\pingus\src\games\pingus\src\editor\object_selec
tor.hxx(66) : see declaration of 'select_obj_type'
system.cxx
C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\system.cxx(449) :
error C2661: 'stat::stat' : no overloaded function takes 2 parameters
Error executing cl.exe.

pingus.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

5)
I'm also working on an installer for the Windows version, lightweight
(20Kb), zip's up all the program, extracts to the required directory etc.
Should have something to show in the next day or so - I have it done for
another program, but I need to make it so you can change the name/default
install dir easily at compile time.

Ginge