[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Pingus-Devel] A complete-as-possible German translation + Pingus not 10
[Pingus-Devel] A complete-as-possible German translation + Pingus not 100% translatable
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 00:16:03 +0100
I hereby send you an updated version of the German translation for
Pingus 0.7.6. As I've found out, the current German translation sucked:
- Many strings were just untranslated
- especially for the level sets which have been introduced lately
- but also the options
- Some strings were so long that they don't fit into the borders
- Example: In the editor help, the German text is too long for the
box; with shorter words which have the same meaning I managed to
get the German editor help fit nicely into the box. :-)
- Some strings were just rough or wrong translation, even some of the
string which haven't been marked as fuzzy.
- The German translation seems to be very old and unmaintained for a
long time, am I right?
Now I am happy to announce that I have 446 of 446 strings translated,
where I have marked one of them marked as fuzzy. I quickly looked over
all the strings and can't find any major flaws anymore. I removed the
"fuzzy" marker on most strings because they were mostly already
correctly translated. There were still a few grammaticaly issues, but I
fixed them. But if you speak German and think that string XYZ is
still not very good translated, feel free to answer here.
I also see an email adress to a translation team but it doesn't
look that this team is active anymore, right? However, I just left that
email adress unchanged in the file.
Besides that, there are some strings that aren't in the catalogue which
I found unable to provide in my .po file. Therefore these strings
always appear in English, regardless of the selected language:
- the word "off" in the options; it appears if you turn either the music
or sounds level to 0%
- The licence note in the main menu
- The name of the selected language in the main menu (Is this intended?)
- The word "Exit" which has multiple purposes. It appears in the main
menu, where that word means that you close the game. It also appears
in the editor; there it means the goal of the pingus. In the English
language, there is the same word for two slightly different meaning,
but in the German language, there are different words. For exiting
the program, I'll suggest the word "Beenden" and for the pingu's
goal, I'll suggest the word "Ausgang". With this catalogue it is
currently not possible to seperate the meanings so I chose the word
"Ausgang" for both. It is not 100% wrong for the meaning "exit the
program" but the word "Beenden" would be better. I therefore marked
this as a fuzzy translation.
- All strings in the level configuration, like "Author", "Levelname"
- Warning message that appers if you want to create a new level with
the editor, including the "Replace" button. Only the "Cancel" button
Probably you all know of these problems already but I were unsure
wheather you overlooked one of the strings. I just let you know. :-)
For those who don't want to wait for the next release: If you want to
use the translation, copy the attached file to the subdirectory data/po
of the Pingus directory. Backup the old de.po before overwriting it.
Description: Text Data
- [Pingus-Devel] A complete-as-possible German translation + Pingus not 100% translatable,