protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] mustux and protux automake updated

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] mustux and protux automake updated
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:34:24 +0200

tapio laxström wrote:

> yep... we are good ;)

yeah, thanks for all you did !

> btw. is it working?

i tried a clean CVS checkout of mustuxlib on my PC yesterday evening:
libtoolize and make -f admin/Makefile.common
worked fine, but
./configure
said something like 'can not find sources in . and ..' or something like
that...
i'll try to try again with a new CVS checkout tonight.

on my Ultra-Sparc running Linux today, also using a fresh CVS checkout:
mustuxlib compiled and installed fine (using qt2)
libtoolize and make -f admin/Makefile.common
worked fine, but
./configure --with-QT2
is unhappy :-(

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating src/filters/Makefile
config.status: creating resources/Makefile
config.status: creating resources/images/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: doc/Makefile.in

the whole doc/ directory is empty on the actual CVS...

btw: as soon as i got some time, i'll try to find a fix for file
compatibility between my PC and my Sparc, something like detection of byte
endianess before the file is loaded, and on-the-fly conversion of the file
before loading if required... this will slow down the first loading of a
file coming from a computer having a different endianess due to the
conversion, but won't affect any other part of the code.

Martin

--
GNUWin-II: Open your windows - Free your mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch