protux-devel

[Protux-devel] Testing standards

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] Testing standards
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:56:39 +0000

Hello guys

This is just to remind you about some test standards. There are many, but until
we put some kind of oficial document into the CVS
server, here are the basics

- Never send reports without the output of protux --d1
- Always send a summary of installation (Alsa version/Distro/QT version)
- send a description of what you've done until the crash . For example

        <FS>
        click on audio browser
        select a file
        click import now
        <x>
        ^C[D]:LR
        *crash*

- Try to keep update to date with mail listing. Some testers have been
reporting errors whice have already been
reported, some of them having already solutions.
- never send reports on CVS snapshots ( this is not valid for suggestions .
Suggestions can be made anytime)

Regards

Luciano Giordana - Musician - Certified Java/GNU C++ Developer - Free Software
Evangelist
http://www.groselhalight.com/giordana
Project Protux : Free Professional Audio Tools for GNU/Linux
http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/protux
-- Once Palladium is up and running , I will become a hacker --