protux-devel

[Protux-devel] Re: Binary release? Virtual table problems.

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] Re: Binary release? Virtual table problems.
Date: 17 Dec 2002 18:09:51 -0200

Hi Dave,

Well, the 0.16.0pre1 is just a pre-release version. This means that
there are still some bugs to sort out (the version I tried to compile
just happens to always segfault). So, 0.16.0pre1 is not yet a stable
release. It will be stable pritty soon (I would give it about 2 weeks,
max!)

The Virtual Table errors can be sorted out if you run:

make -f admin/Makefile.common.

and then compile using

./configure (you can add --disable-alsa if you don't have alsa)
make
make install (as root)

All this is included in the INSTALL that is included in the binary
version, and as of now, we are not providing binaries for unstable
versions of Protux.When we get 0.16.0 sorted out, we'll probably be
wanting help to get the binary versions of these compiled and
distributed in the internet.

Protux will compile with either QT2 or QT3, so long as it has Threads
(not all version of QT2 have this, but I believe RH8.0 has qt3, with
thread support). it should compile fine with the normal instalation of
redhat (if you have all the QT-devel and QT-mt-devel packages installed.

Anyway, I hope you can get it compiled as of now, and help us sort out
all the bugs in this pre-release so that we can make it work. Just
remember when you try the 0.16.0 version that there has not been a 1.0
version released yet, SO, many funcionalities that are planed have not
been implemented yet, so its going to become even better still!!!

:-)
best of Luck
Fabio.