protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] autostuff stuff

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] autostuff stuff
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 18:40:07 +0000

> alsa-version. (futhermore, the current test doesn't check for
> alsa-includes, that means the alsa-dev-package)

it should be checking it, because only alsa libs is not enought for protux
compilation.

> 2) autostuff in Protux:
> -----------------------
> The checks for mustuxlib are done as follow:
>       AC_CHECK_HEADERS(mustux.h)
>       AC_CHECK_LIB(mustux,MustuxApplication)
> the problem is that they don't give any error message (beside a 'no') if
> they fail, and don't stop. As mustux is required, they should exit with a
> AC_MSG_ERROR() if they fail... The other problem is that they both fail for
> me, even if mustux is installed and protux compiles fine... so this problem
> should be fixed first, before making ./configure exit if mustux isn't
> installed ;-)
>
> A suggestion: lots of library (as for example glib) come with a xxx-config
> program, as well as with their xxx.m4 macro to simplify testing the
> presence of the library. So it would be great to add a mustux-config
> program and a mustux.m4 script providing a AM_PATH_MUSTUX(minimum_version,
> action_found, action_fail) macro... (usually these xxx-config programs have
> the following options:

wow, this is beyond my skills, but if I understood, shouldnt it be done by the
./configure process ?
I mean, when I run configure for protux, shouldnt it say something like "your
libmustux is out-of-date for this protux release..."  OSLT ?

Regards

--
Luciano Giordana - Musician - Certified Java/GNU C++ Developer - Free Software
Evangelist