protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] autostuff stuff

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] autostuff stuff
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:29:53 +0100

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 18:40:07 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> > alsa-version. (futhermore, the current test doesn't check for
> > alsa-includes, that means the alsa-dev-package)
>
> it should be checking it, because only alsa libs is not enought for
> protux compilation.

i propose to change the lines 54 to 66 from mustuxlib/configure.in:
-----------------
AC_CHECK_LIB(asound,main,alsa_support=yes,alsa_support=no)
AC_ARG_ENABLE(alsa,
[  --disable-alsa         Disable ALSA (default = no)],
alsa_support=no)
AM_CONDITIONAL(COMPILE_ALSA, test x$alsa_support = xyes)
if test x$alsa_support = xyes; then
CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -D_ALSA"
dnl AC_CHECK_LIB(asound,snd_pcm_plug_open,AC_DEFINE(ALSALIB_060),
dnl    AC_CHECK_LIB(asound,snd_pcm_channel_params,AC_DEFINE(ALSALIB_050),
dnl        AC_CHECK_LIB(asound,snd_pcm_capture_params,AC_DEFINE(ALSALIB_032),
dnl            AC_CHECK_LIB(asound,snd_pcm_record_params,
dnl                AC_MSG_ERROR([ALSA <0.3.2 not supported - update to a newer
version or compile with --disable-alsa])))))
fi
-----------------

into

-----------------
AM_PATH_ALSA(0.9.0)
alsa_support=yes
AC_ARG_ENABLE(alsa, \
[  --disable-alsa          Disable ALSA (default= no)])
if test "$enable_alsa" = no; then
  alsa_support=no
fi
AM_CONDITIONAL(COMPILE_ALSA, test x$alsa_support = xyes)
if test "$alsa_support" = yes; then
  CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -D_ALSA"
fi
-----------------

this would result in 3 changes:
 - AM_PATH_ALSA() checks for alsa libs, as well as for alsa headers
 - the new AC_ARG_ENABLE() code handles --enable-alsa the correct way, even if
this option is already the default and there is no reason to use it, but the
current version has the same behavior whether --enable-alsa or --disable-alsa
are given: in both case there won't be alsa support...
 - using AM_PATH_ALSA() we can check for a minimum required alsa-version.
The question is now, which version do we need ? Do we need 0.9.0 or are older
version also ok ?

So please test this patch and tell me if it works for you...
(i don't know with which version of alsa the AM_PATH_ALSA macro was introduced,
nor if it comes with alsa-dev packages of standard distributions)

Martin

btw, i dont think that the line
AM_CONDITIONAL(COMPILE_ALSA, test x$alsa_support = xyes)
is needed... so it can probably be removed too... Tapio ?

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc