protux-devel

[Protux-devel] still and rendering farms

From: rsff
Subject: [Protux-devel] still and rendering farms
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:09:08 -0300

Remon and guys,

I wrote a (very) short thank you email for Remon. But then I remembered
why I thought of rendering farms: because of some previous experience
with Sound Forge, which takes AGES to render simples effects applied to
large project files. And slow with the small ones too.

I always thought it happened for 2 reasons: 1, because their undo system
implied making backup copies, and that takes a long time with big
project files and a slow harddrive like mine, And second, because it
just took long to apply the effects to the files.

Is there any risk that this will also happen? Woulnd't it be advantageus
to use that resource (or rendering farms, or something similar) for the
final renderization of all the Songs?

I wasn't thinking of using rendering farms for the threads that protux
starts, but rather for the renderization of the wave files at the end
(which would be the application of all the effects and edits made to a
certain song, right?)
--
rsff <address@hidden>