pspp-dev

Re: build break on compute-dialog.c with VPATH build

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: build break on compute-dialog.c with VPATH build
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:08:02 -0600

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 06:39:13PM -0600, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>      John Darrington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>      > I'm sure that sounds like a better idea.  Do these accessor functions
>      > exist, or are they yet to be written?
>
>      Here's a suggested patch for review.
>
> It seems to do the job.

OK, I checked it in.

> I notice that later versions of the spss gui allow the user to filter
> the list of functions according to their class (eg Trig, Date/Time
> etc.)  Maybe we could add a field to struct operation which contains
> the class?   I guess this can wait until later 'tho.

This is pretty easy if you don't need to get the functions in
order sorted by category.  If that's OK I can add a category
field pretty easily.

The manual has the following categories, do we need more or
different ones?

* Mathematics::                 EXP LG10 LN LNGAMMA SQRT
* Miscellaneous Mathematics::   ABS MOD MOD10 RND TRUNC
* Trigonometry::                ACOS ARCOS ARSIN ARTAN ASIN ATAN COS SIN TAN
* Missing Value Functions::     MISSING NMISS NVALID SYSMIS VALUE
* Set Membership::              ANY RANGE
* Statistical Functions::       CFVAR MAX MEAN MIN SD SUM VARIANCE
* String Functions::            CONCAT INDEX LENGTH LOWER LPAD LTRIM NUMBER
                                RINDEX RPAD RTRIM STRING SUBSTR UPCASE
* Time & Date::                 CTIME.xxx DATE.xxx TIME.xxx XDATE.xxx
                                DATEDIFF DATESUM
* Miscellaneous Functions::     LAG YRMODA VALUELABEL
* Statistical Distribution Functions::  PDF CDF SIG IDF RV NPDF NCDF

--
"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."
--Ovid (43 BC-18 AD)