pspp-dev

Re: build break on compute-dialog.c with VPATH build

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: build break on compute-dialog.c with VPATH build
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:12:56 +0800

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 09:08:02PM -0600, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     > I notice that later versions of the spss gui allow the user to filter
     > the list of functions according to their class (eg Trig, Date/Time
     > etc.)  Maybe we could add a field to struct operation which contains
     > the class?   I guess this can wait until later 'tho.

     This is pretty easy if you don't need to get the functions in
     order sorted by category.  If that's OK I can add a category
     field pretty easily.

Don't worry about sorting them.  Let the gui do that if it wants
to.  Just the field and an accessor function for it should be fine.

     The manual has the following categories, do we need more or
     different ones?

     * Mathematics::                 EXP LG10 LN LNGAMMA SQRT
     * Miscellaneous Mathematics::   ABS MOD MOD10 RND TRUNC
     * Trigonometry::                ACOS ARCOS ARSIN ARTAN ASIN ATAN COS SIN
TAN
     * Missing Value Functions::     MISSING NMISS NVALID SYSMIS VALUE
     * Set Membership::              ANY RANGE
     * Statistical Functions::       CFVAR MAX MEAN MIN SD SUM VARIANCE
     * String Functions::            CONCAT INDEX LENGTH LOWER LPAD LTRIM
NUMBER
                                     RINDEX RPAD RTRIM STRING SUBSTR UPCASE
     * Time & Date::                 CTIME.xxx DATE.xxx TIME.xxx XDATE.xxx
                                     DATEDIFF DATESUM
     * Miscellaneous Functions::     LAG YRMODA VALUELABEL
     * Statistical Distribution Functions::  PDF CDF SIG IDF RV NPDF
       NCDF

These seem to be as good as any.

J'

--