pspp-dev

Re: criteria for version 1.0

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: criteria for version 1.0
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:20:13 +0800

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 09:10:16PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     After the PSPP 0.6.1 I got an email from RMS asking what else we
     need to do before we call it version 1.0.

     I think we're close.  Perhaps the next major release should be
     numbered 1.0.

     Does anyone want to say what they would consider requirements for
     a 1.0 release?

If 1.0 is supposed to be "generally usable", then my impression
is that we need:

1.  Something to do within subjects analysis of variance and general
    linear models.   That means, at least the more common parts of the
    GLM command, and the ANOVA and MANOVA commands.   I think Jason
    is doing good work towards this.

2.  A way to get good quality tables and charts,  displayed in the
    GUI, prefereably with some sort of interaction, and to be able to
    export them to OpenOffice.Org I understand you're working towards
    that.

Comments in blogs like this one :

 http://test.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5970646&postcount=37

seem to be the main complaint about pspp today.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3