pspp-dev

Re: Re: criteria for version 1.0

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Re: criteria for version 1.0
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:53:16 +0200

>Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 06:36:54AM +0800, John Darrington wrote:
>>> That article by Andy Choens reminded me of another point.
>>>
>>> It would be really good if 1.0 came with a good user tutorial.
>>> Unfortunately, I really don't know where we're going to find someone
>>> to write it.
>>
>> The wiki?

>I don't understand. How does the wiki help us find someone to
>write a tutorial? Or is the wiki somehow a tutorial?

The wiki could grow to a tutorial if people are willing to update and append it. Writing the complete tutorial will be a big task. However, setting up the outline
for the tutorial and ask the users to fill it further could work. Maybe a link to the wiki can be place more prominent on the pspp website.
And maybe a call for wiki autors in the userlist could help finding authors who are willing to help with it.

Anyway, before version 1.0 can be released PSPP(ire) in my opinion needs:
- a commandline interface to make it possible to use it the mswindows way
- internationalization for the decimal
- a stable help feature with good help text (I have never been able to see the current one working)
- graphic output
- the command "add files" implemented

Have fun