pspp-dev

Re: general questions

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: general questions
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:34:03 -0500

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 04:51:24PM +0000, Stuart W. Hellard wrote:
>      Question 1         Can we as a Company still use PSPP free or is there
>                         limitations as to use?

You can use, copy, modify and redistribute PSPP free of charge. PSPP
is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation, under a license called
the GNU General Public License, version 3.  You can read more about the
license at www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.rdf.

>      Question 2         By uploading the original files in SPSS from the
>                         Market research company into PSPP would we still see
>                         the information in the same form all the headers
>                     etc, (which we lose if we convert into excel and
>                       import into another program.

Currently, PSPP reads and writes SPSS's data format (.sav), but not
its output format. Prettier output is under development.