pspp-dev

Re: Re: about pango.aliases

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: about pango.aliases
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 22:08:40 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 05:27:53PM +0900, address@hidden wrote:
     Dear all,

     Hello, I'm sorry for posting alot.

That's OK.  This is what the list is for.

     I don't know the technical aspect, but I found that Japanese are shown
     using Chinese font.

     http://agro1986.wordpress.com/2008/04/13/configuring-the-correct-japanese-fonts-for-windows-gtk-applications/

     What this website says is exactly the problem I'm facing.

     I cannot imagine how tough it is to introduce pango.aliases.

If you can create such a file,  Harry can probably include it in his windows package.
We don't know how Japanese should look, so won't be able to say if the file would be
correct.

It seems to be a message from 2008/04/13.  In the current installation, even on the whole computers where I build and test, there is nowhere a "pango.alisases" or a file which might be used for that purpose. You might give it a try by adding such a file in \Program files\PSPP\etc\pango If it works I don't mind to include it.

However what would

Have fun