pspp-users

PSPP Windows/SET TEMP/File save times

From: David Purdy
Subject: PSPP Windows/SET TEMP/File save times
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:09:03 +0100

Correction: a file save with SET TEMP defined in WinXP has produced no material improvement in lapsed time over a comparable file save without SET TEMP defined (>90 minutes to save 9 Mb; see earliest message):

1) Source SPSS .sav file 417 fields x 510,121 records = 265 Mb

2) Delete all but 8 fields, reduces .sav file to 4 Mb

3) Save process took approx. 1hr 40 mins (8:40-10:20 pm)

PC = WinXP Pro SP3, 78 Gb hard disk space available, 2048 Mb RAM (Dell Dimension 8300 3.2GHz Pentium 4)

Regards,

Dave.