pspp-users

Questions on PSPP

From: Mario Giesel
Subject: Questions on PSPP
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:19:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, PSPP list,

I installed PSPP a few days ago and struggle with some basic poblems.
Any ideas on this? All comments are welcome :-)

Thanks,
Mario

(1)
When I open a specific SPSS file I get this error message, although the file is opened afterwards:
================================================================================================================
PSPP warning: "data.sav" near offset 0xbe8d: Unrecognized record type 7, subtype 18.
================================================================================================================

(2)
If I save the file with PSPP i cannot open it again with SPSS 15 (happens also with other files):
GET
  FILE='data..sav'.
>Error # 5263.  Command name: GET FILE
>The specified input data file is neither an SPSS data file nor an SPSS/PC+
>data file.
(3)
When I open the output file only 'Copy' and 'Select all' are enabled options.
What I cannot chose is for instance 'Delete' (very important for me to clear the output window).
Even if I close the output file it will show old output again.