pspp-users

Re: Re[2]: Problems with PSPP on Windows7

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Problems with PSPP on Windows7
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:06:46 +0100

Hi Tom

Good, I can assure you that I can run much much larger datasets. So that can't be the problem.

What I am thinking on:
- are you running as administrator or with restricted rights on MSWindows?
- which version of MSWindows is it, Starter, Professional, Ultimate etc. MSWindows 7 has several versions maybe there is one with so much restrictions that it is hardly possible to use it for work.
- are you able to write on the temp directory and is there enough space?
- if you start psppire from a commandline with, most likely "c:\program files\pspp\bin\psppire.exe" and then do the things, are there any messages in the console?
- with "start" "all programs" "pspp" "examples" you land in a screen with .sps example files. What are the results if you run them?

Have fun