pspp-users

Re: Data transformation in the Mac environment

From: Mark Levine
Subject: Re: Data transformation in the Mac environment
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:44:21 -0500

Hi John,

Thanks for your response, but I don’t know whether you have seen the user interface on the Mac installation I have:

Hopefully my screen clip will come through to you, but if not, what I see is a short list of drop-down menus (file,edit,view, data, transform, analyze, utilities, windows, help) and the transform drop down provides options for recoding, rescaling, modifying one variable, but no multiple variable, e.g. boolean, operations. There is no option as far as I have found to enter line commands of the sort you suggest, e.g. a COMPUTE statement.

It appears that this Mac version looks and behaves quite differently from the GNU/Linux version. My question then boils down to whether it is possible in the version I have in front of me to enter commands like the COMPUTE statement.

1. Am I missing something in this version, some hidden point of access to a command line?
2. Is there another Mac version than this than does indeed look and work like the standard Linux version?

I hope I am making myself clear and that the screen shot is visible.

Again, thanks for whatever further thoughts you or the community might have.

Cheers,

Mark