pspp-users

Re: problems with mac

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: problems with mac
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 22:51:49 -0500

Julia,

I noticed that your email from yesterday doesn't seem to have been answered on list.

I don't know much about Macs but if you get 'command not found' after executing a command with sudo, it means that the command (ports?) has been mistyped or has to be installed.  When I get an error like that, I usually google the command and the error and I can often piece together a solution from those results. Does the post below help?

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-users/2008-10/msg00016.html

I have no idea where a Mac puts downloaded files; is there a way to search your computer for a file?  If you are using a terminal command (like wget) to download a file, I should think it would download to the local folder where you executed the command.

I'm sorry I don't know more about Macs. If your Macs have the ability to execute Windows applications, you could install the Windows version, which tends to be straightforward.

-Alan