pspp-users

Re: problems with mac

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: problems with mac
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 18:47:07 +0200

Hi Julia,

could you check the XCode Version that you have installed with

FriedrichsMacBook:~ fritz$ /usr/bin/xcodebuild -version
Xcode 7.3
Build version 7D175
FriedrichsMacBook:~ fritz$

and check your MacOS Version

FriedrichsMacBook:~ fritz$ uname -v
Darwin Kernel Version 15.4.0: Fri Feb 26 22:08:05 PST 2016; root:xnu-3248.40.184~3/RELEASE_X86_64
FriedrichsMacBook:~ fritz$

In my example above, it shows that on my system XCode version 7.3 is installed in El Capitan.

You should have XCode 7 installed on El Capitan. Your current problem is not related to pspp. It is related to a wrong
setup of macports.

When you have checked that you have installed the latest version of XCode, then you should uninstall all packages with

sudo port uninstall installed

I am not too sure, but maybe you have to type this a couple of times until no package is left installed.

Then you should try

sudo port install pspp

There is a ticket in macports which might be related to your python27 problem:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50359

where the XCode version was not up to date.

Friedrich