pupa-devel

Re: PowerPC port of PUPA

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: PowerPC port of PUPA
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:29:19 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> Marco, if Johan agrees on his copyright assignment, you can commit your
> patch without my approval. I don't want to stop your development.

Oh, sure.  I have asked Johan before  began working on this so that is
not a problem at all.  I will commit this patch next weekend with two
small changes:

The directory structure I used was a bit silly or too limiting:
powerpc/ncmac

This should be:
powerpc/ieee1275

This because it is not only limited to the apple but it *should* work
on IBM boxes as well. (I assume it does not because I did not test
this yet, but who knows...)

>> I hope some people can test this patch for me.  I only have tested it
>> on my laptop.  If you want to test it in psim (PPC simulator, it is a
>> part of gdb), it can be done if you remove the "claim" in init. (In
>> that case the memory will not be properly allocated, but in psim that
>> works fine).
>
> I will test it with my iBook when I take holidays. This will be in two
> weeks.

And?  Did you have the time to test it already?

Thanks,
Marco