pupa-devel

Re: PowerPC port of PUPA

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: PowerPC port of PUPA
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:11:18 +0100

I have too little time, so I reply to only this message.

On Thursday 12 February 2004 18:29, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Oh, sure.  I have asked Johan before  began working on this so that
> is not a problem at all.  I will commit this patch next weekend with
> two small changes:

Why doesn't he reply himself? I think he subscribes to this list. Unless
I hear from him directly, I can't proceed his assignment, so I'm sorry
but I can't accept your patch.

> The directory structure I used was a bit silly or too limiting:
> powerpc/ncmac
>
> This should be:
> powerpc/ieee1275
>
> This because it is not only limited to the apple but it *should* work
> on IBM boxes as well. (I assume it does not because I did not test
> this yet, but who knows...)

Ok. That's reasonable.

> And?  Did you have the time to test it already?

No, sorry. I can tell you why I had and still have no time, but I guess
you don't want to hear. I really want to work with you together, but
currently it's impossible.

I feel that I'm now becoming like Erich at the time when he retired from
GRUB.

Okuji