qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CDROM /Network with Win98

From: Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CDROM /Network with Win98
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 00:32:53 +0200

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
Hi,

Setup : Debian unstable + QEMU 0.5.2-4 as packaged in Debian ...

At the moment I would recommend to use the CVS version. 0.5.2 is already obsolete..

I tried that. Same result by different ways : the 2nd stage detection of Plugn'Pray harware seems to pass OK, but the emulated system freezes (no more mouse moves) during detection of non-PnP hardware. You have to "reboot" (stop the emulator and restart it), and end up with a system without CDRom or NNIC. The same thing happens when trying to add them with the damn "New Hardware Assistant" of the Cotnrol Panel. ...

[ ... ]

PS : Any idea on how to install Win2K ? I have a non-bootable CD,
which can be either used from Win98 or with 4 diskettes to boot. Both methods work on real hardware, but I can't use either of them with QEMU. Ideas ?

You can convert those 4 floppies to images, and then use the monitor prompt to swtich between the floppy images I guess. Never tried it though...

I have been able to use an image of the first floppy to boot, but I'm at loss about how to switch between images during the process. How do you do that ?

PPS : I'm not on the list, and I'm reading it throug the archives. Could you please Cc me ?

You're more then welcome to subscribe, it's fun place here ;)

I'm already reading my share of lists (plus the @#[!! spams ...). Furthermore, I found that perusing the lists archive is a nice way not to bother people with tooFAQ's

                                        Emmanuel Charpentier