qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone have functioning networking with a FreeBSD host?

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone have functioning networking with a FreeBSD host?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:21:30 +0100

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 06:28, Christopher Nehren wrote:
> I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get Qemu to support
> any type of networking with a FreeBSD host, and haven't had any success
> -- and for once, Google isn't of much use either. When trying to access
> the card with user-mode networking via (Open|Net)BSD, I get the error
> 'ne1: device timeout'. I can't get FreeSBIE to recognize the card at
> all, and haven't gotten a Windows installation far enough to be able to
> see whether it sees it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It works fine for me with my own patches... I am using the if_tap with
ng_bridge to allow the QEMU install to connect to the LAN and a change
to /usr/src/sys/net/if_tap.c to remove the suser() check so a non-root
account can open a tap device.

The only problem I have is that it has a relatively high packet loss and
appears to lose interrupts- so it stalls on occasion.

--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>