qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Where to start?

From: Felipe Sanchez
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Where to start?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:06:16 -0600 (CST)

Hello Fabrice, all

I discovered Qemu not too long ago and I am already fascinated by it. It
simply works  :-)

As you have seen I've already started doing some small hacking on the
source and I'd really love to help as much as I can. I'm a not so bad C
coder and will probably grok Qemu's code in a while. My question is this:
Althought I'm fairly literate in computer architecture I don't feel like
I'm ready for, say, writing the support for USB devices for Qemu, or the
patch for the ide subsystem Fabrice just posted. But I'd like to do that
kind of things for Qemu's development. So where should I start? Any
hardware specs references? What about finding my way in Qemu's style of
hardware emulation? After a quick look at various source files I found
myself kinda overwhelmed.

Any pointers as to where should I start? Some smaller hacks that need to
be done so I can get up to speed with you guys?

Greetings,

Felipe.