qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported

From: Laurent Amon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:24:50 +0100

Hi Phil,

I never noticed that Caps Lock didn't work. I hardly ever use it. However, the 'A' key works perfectly on my keyboard. The part of the patch you point to is needed because (at least on my machine) the keysim returned by the 'a' key is 0 and you need to determine by keycode. The comment is from the person who wrote the original patch. What language is your keyboard in? You may want to uncomment the fprintf to see what you are missing.

What I get is not perfect : I get a PC mapping fo my mac keyboard so few symbols are not at the same place and a couple are missing. But that's enough to be useful. If somebody can improve on this patch or write a better one, please go ahead. I may have a look at it, but I don't have much time for it, so don't expect anything soon.

Happy new year to you too,

Lga.