qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: PPC fixes for qemu/OpenHackWare

From: J. Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: PPC fixes for qemu/OpenHackWare
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:32:54 +0100

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 23:25, Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 23:11 +0100, J. Mayer wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 20:45, Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> > > These fixes greatly improve qemu booting on PPC - many Linux
> > > distributions with kernel 2.4 now work.  It's two big patches (one for
> > > qemu, one for OpenHackWare) - let me know if someone prefers them broken
> > > out into smaller pieces.
> > >
> > > There's still some work to be done to get PREP in good shape as well as
> > > a Linux 2.6 kernel to work well - expect some more patches in the near
> > > future.
> >
> > Hi.
> > Thanks for the work. I need to take a close look of your patches because
> > I completely restructured OHW. For example, HFS code is quite different
> > in my working repository (but still have problems on some fs)...
[...]
> > I can't compare OHW for now, as it seems that most of the patch is
> > cosmetic (blanks, tabs) and as most files have changed. Could you please
> > regenerate the patch using:
> > --ignore-all-space --ignore-blank-lines --ignore-space-change --minimal
> > -p
> > options to make it easier to read ?
>
> I'm a bit confused.  I closely reviewed the patch prior to sending and I
> didn't notice any instances of whitespace-only diff.  There are,
> however, many lines of spelling changes. :)  controler -> controller,
> recurs -> recurse, to -> too, etc..

Oh well, I looked closer, and you're absolutely right, there are lots of
typo I didn't saw at first sight.... I'm sorry about my mistake.
But I would still appreciate a diff with -p option, then I have the
function name with the diff, which may helps when code has been
splitted...

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized