qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu multiple cd install

From: Bill Rugolsky Jr.
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu multiple cd install
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:15:09 -0500

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 09:53:26PM +0100, Simon van de Berg wrote:
> I wanted to install fedora core 3 on Qemu, quite speedy b.t.w., but
> couldn't switch from cd1 of the installer to 2 or 3.
> I simply don't know how to do this and the "user guide"did not shed
> much light on the matter.

I don't know the answer to your question about switching CDs, but
FWIW, I did an "Everything" install from the Fedora 3 x86 DVD,
running QEMU on my x86-64 box, and it worked nicely.  [I use it
as a pure 32-bit build environment on my x86-64 box.]

If you don't have the DVD image handy, you might consider using
boot.iso, and doing a (virtual) hard disk or NFS install.

Regards,

        Bill Rugolsky