qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Open source qemu x86 accelerator module.

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Open source qemu x86 accelerator module.
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 01:30:59 +0100

On Sunday 03 April 2005 00:45, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> First - congratulations for your new kernel module. I have few
> questions, if you don't mind:
>
> 1. Have you tested the speed compared to QEMU CVS + kqemu?

No. I expect that kqemu is faster at this stage.

> 2. Which Windows 2000 have you installed? there are few versions of
> the bootable CD's, few of them comes with service packs already
> applied..

My win2k CD is one of the original ones without any service packs. I haven't
tried installing windows under qvm86, only booting existing images.

> 3. Do you plan to make it work with the 2.4.x kernels?

Probably. It's not a particularly high priority, but it shouldn't be that hard
either. I don't currently have any machines with 2.4 kernels, so I'd have to
install one first...

> 4. Have you tried installing it with XP as guest?

No. My XP CD doesn't work in normal qemu (installs OK but gets an activation
error after rebooting), so I haven't tried it.

Paul