qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player

From: Joe Lee
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:42:29 -0400

You're right! However, as Julian pointed out: it is less than fascinating to work on a GUI, _especially_ if it is for the masses who tend to criticize without contributing*Footnote 1*.
I am not sure I agree if that thought. It really depends on the mission or goal of the project. In the case for QEMU, I am not sure what its goal/mission is. Is the project just to scratch an itch to server a few people who needs it? Is it to fill a void over what exist in commercial software? Or, is the intent to develop something FREE and then offer some support service around the product?

As far as users criticizing, that always going to be the case in Open Source - Show me a project where users don't criticize. As far as contribution goes, not everyone has the talent and ability to contribute - Like me. The way I see it, criticizing (when done in a constructive way) is not a bad thing. It is what drives the project when others share there views on features/functionality good or bad!

-joe

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,