qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: VMware Player

From: Jan Marten Simons
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: VMware Player
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:01:36 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juni 2006 21:21 schrieb Joe Lee:
>Good point on that, BUT it's not just about the GUI. It's about an
> "easy" way to install the product and run a given app without the need
> to create/setup a VM - To me that is the benefit of the VMware player.
>
> Joe

Well, qemu does not even need to be installed, it can run from any location,
if it is distributed in an intelligent manner. The steps required to setup a
new VM are ridiculus easy as qemu ships a handy tool for creating and
converting different disk images and a quite good documentation as well.

Regards,
Jan