qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QCow v2

From: Raphaël Rigo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QCow v2
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:49:44 +0200

Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
Mark's notes on the qcow format got me to thinking how useful it would
be to be able to store other information in the qcow image itself.  For
instance you could store the configuration for the virtual machine in
the image which could be extracted and then start the virtual machine.

Hello,
I think it would be much more interesting to store the virtual machine in a config file as vmware does. This way you can use a .cow file with several virtual machines.

Regards,
Raphaël