qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QCow v2

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QCow v2
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:30:18 +0200

ok, I did this experiment (long and painful).

a XP2003/SP1 qemu guest required 964,231,168 bytes qcow image.
zlib qcow image became 459,686,368 bytes.
lzma estimation (4k clusters) is 437,038,838 bytes.

Yes, 5% are still gained, but the time to get the lzma'ed qcow is
disastrous (especially on systems with anti-virus and anti-malware).

Do you still think it's worth it ?