qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Insert module into kernel

From: Tieu Ma Dau
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Insert module into kernel
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:15:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I want to simulate the ARM system and add a simple simulated device with its corresponding module device driver. So:
1. I must run the command "insmod" to insert this module into kernel. But there is not this command in the ARM Linux shell
2. I must run the command "mknod" to make a file (exp: /dev/my_simulated_device) corresponding to the simulated device. But this command is not run because the "read only" property of file system.
3. I must make a small program in which I open the file by the command "fopen("/dev/my_simulated_device","w")" but I think that I have the problem as in the question 2
Do you have any idea?
Thanks
Tieu