Re: [Qemu-devel] configure flag for compilation question..

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] configure flag for compilation question..
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:27:16 -0400

---- Ishwar Rattan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> > Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> >

> > Where is the problem 64bit versus 32bit ?
> > (32 bit version of libSDL-1.2.so.0 found while amd64 64bit version needed?)
> > (should go under /usr/local/lib/amd64/libSDL-1.2.so.0)
> Well, the problem is I do not root privileges so can't place libSL in
> /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/lib/amd64.
> I would like to  keep it in $HOME/lib and want qemu to see the lib
> archive.
> I will try LD_LIBRARY_PATH option.

It should work.  the main thing is to not to agressive with LD_LIBRARY_PATH in
this case.  Since it sounds like it already may be linking against
where the current libSDL is, you should just be able to add the new lib dir
to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable, and then run ldd on qemu to make
sure it's finding the right libraries. When you have the right LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
then it should be working for you.

> Is to possible to have a staticly
> linked version of libSDL in the qemu binaries?

There is an option for statically linked libSDL in the qemu binaries,
and I tried to make sure I kept that intact for solaris in the configure
script.  Try it and see what happens.