qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user target

From: Igor Kovalenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user target
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:32:57 +0400

On 4/19/07, Stuart Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Igor Kovalenko wrote:

> This should be solved for x86_64 host with "-mtune=nocona" patch
> posted a while ago.

I'll go dig that up.

Here, http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-03/msg00198.html

> The problem is with dyngen being confused by "repz retq" sequence.

That's what caught my attention earlier today. It was only showing up in
two places in the generated code. I fixed it by hand by tweaking dyngen to
skip the repz as well as the retq, but I still got the crash.

as discussed before, to do this in dyngen you need to know the context
better or you'll skip more than intended; that amounts to moving a
large bit of decoder there as far as I understand that

It is of course possible that I'm seeing multiple crashes and not
recognizing when I have actually fixed something.

--
Kind regards,
Igor V. Kovalenko