qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: using qemu to boot Fedora

From: David Woodhouse
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: using qemu to boot Fedora
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:17:01 +0100

> So I'd really really like to be able to use qemu to test my just
> composed PPC trees.  Alas I can't seem to find the magic key combos to
> make this happen.  Have any of you had any luck doing this?  There
> seems to be scarce documentation on the net about this as well.

Qemu's "Open Hackware" firmware doesn't really run FORTH scripts
properly -- it just looks at the CRC32 of the script and then does a
predefined action, if it recognises it. Last time I looked, it didn't
recognise the FORTH script we use on the Fedora boot media to test for
32-bit vs. 64-bit hardware. I think I sent a patch to remedy that.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be able to run yaboot, but it doesn't
seem to. I've tried running the netboot images (which are just a zImage
containing kernel+initrd) and I think I had problems with that too --
but at least that was a qemu thing not firmware. It may be fixed now.

--
dwmw2