Re: [Qemu-devel] Release: VMKnoppix for x86(20080213)

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release: VMKnoppix for x86(20080213)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:41:53 +0100

Suzaki-san he,

Alex-san he,

From: Alexander Graf <address@hidden>

Suzaki-san he,

On Feb 15, 2008, at 4:18 AM, Kuniyasu Suzaki wrote:

We released new VMKNOPPIX for x86 (20080213).

# Special Features
* Xen3.2.0, KVM60, and QEMU091 are upgraded.
* Xen3.2.0 has a vTPM (TPM Emulator) and offers Trusted Computing
  environment. Physical TPM&TCG-BIOS aren't required. KNOPPIX for
Trusted Computing Geeks(Trusted Boot + Remote Attestaion) boots on
    Guide of KNOPPIX for Trusted Computing Geeks
* OS Circular enables to boot some Linux Distributions
  {CentOS5|Debian Etch|Ubuntu606|Ubuntu610|Ubuntu704} on a virtual
  machine {Xen|QEMU|KQEMU|KVM} with Internet Virtual Disk "Trusted
* QEMU091(x86_64) offers ADM-V instruction set for virtual machine.
  KVM runs on it but Xen doesn't.

Is Xen HVM not working a known issue? Have you tracked down why it
fails to work? The implementation is mostly complete in respect to the
virtualization, so this is clearly a bug I do not know about.

Excuse me. My explanation is not enough. Xen hypervisor works and dom0 can boot.
HVM-Domain however doesn't work well. It looks to be hanged.
"xentop" shows the HVM-Domain spends CPU time but the boot does not start.

No need to excuse, I did understand the problem: HVM domUs in Xen on qemu do not work.

What I am concerned about is that this has not been reported yet and I would like to know the reason it failed. Nevermind if you don't know this; I'm pretty sure someone will find this out.

Bernhard, have you encountered any problems with the SVM emulation?