qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release

From: Tristan Gingold
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 17:01:06 +0100

On Feb 4, 2009, at 4:43 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 04:23:10PM +0100, Tristan Gingold wrote:
Please, don't drop ppc_prep.c.  Even if it is not supported by
OpenBios I know several uses of prep
with direct images.

Who still support it?

I know at least one non-free OS that runs on prep.
We also create raw programs that runs on prep (yes we could switch to chrp)

The linux kernel seems to have thrown away the prep support code as of
2.6.27.

Yes, but the world is not only linux 2.6.27+ :-)