qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QE

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QEMU
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:38:12 +0300

Anthony Liguori wrote:

I don't see the need to copy all the core headers. These should have
been working for ages, and hardly ever see changes that are relevant
to kvm.

If we want to use virtio_*.h instead of duplicating the copies as we are now, then we need all of the core headers too or else it won't be able to compile on systems that do not have Linux libc headers (like win32).

qemu provides virtio, it doesn't consume it. We can merge the virtio headers and remove the linuxisms.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.