[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7] target-ppc/linux-user: NPTL support

From: Miklos Vajna
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7] target-ppc/linux-user: NPTL support
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 01:37:45 +0200
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.18 (2008-05-17)

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:51:55AM -0700, Nathan Froyd <address@hidden> wrote:
> The patch series has been tested against the glibc testsuite, where it
> passes a good chunk (90%+) of the testsuite.  The other 10% are
> basically things that are not going to work in QEMU anytime soon
> (e.g. sharing futexes between multiple processes, using clone(2)
> directly, etc.).  I should note that proper testing requires a patch to
> use a correct exit status for uncaught signals; such a patch has been
> posted to this list before by Riku Voipio.  (I have a different local
> version that I used instead.)  Testing with recent glibc also requires
> adding support for private futexes and a few other futex operations;
> again, a patch for this has been posted by Riku and I used a slightly
> different local version.


I tried this series (on top of current git 3a41759) + Riku's patch. I
built a static qemu-ppc binary, then tried:

host# chroot . /qemu-ppc -L . /bin/bash

Where the current directory was a PPC chroot. It launched bash just
fine, but when I tried to launch a command from the ppc bash, I got:

chroot# /bin/uname
bash: /bin/uname: No such file or directory

While the binary is there:

host# file bin/uname
bin/uname: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1
(SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24,
with unknown capability 0x41000000 = 0x11676e75, with unknown capability
0x10000 = 0x90401, stripped

Let me know if you need more info to reproduce the issue.


Attachment: pgpLfmxnW7LuF.pgp
Description: PGP signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]