[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7] target-ppc/linux-user: NPTL support

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/7] target-ppc/linux-user: NPTL support
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 02:57:08 +0200

Le mercredi 10 juin 2009 à 01:37 +0200, Miklos Vajna a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:51:55AM -0700, Nathan Froyd <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The patch series has been tested against the glibc testsuite, where it
> > passes a good chunk (90%+) of the testsuite.  The other 10% are
> > basically things that are not going to work in QEMU anytime soon
> > (e.g. sharing futexes between multiple processes, using clone(2)
> > directly, etc.).  I should note that proper testing requires a patch to
> > use a correct exit status for uncaught signals; such a patch has been
> > posted to this list before by Riku Voipio.  (I have a different local
> > version that I used instead.)  Testing with recent glibc also requires
> > adding support for private futexes and a few other futex operations;
> > again, a patch for this has been posted by Riku and I used a slightly
> > different local version.
> Hi,
> I tried this series (on top of current git 3a41759) + Riku's patch. I
> built a static qemu-ppc binary, then tried:
> host# chroot . /qemu-ppc -L . /bin/bash
> Where the current directory was a PPC chroot. It launched bash just
> fine, but when I tried to launch a command from the ppc bash, I got:
> chroot# /bin/uname
> bash: /bin/uname: No such file or directory

Did you configure binfmt_misc kernel module to load PPC binaries with
qemu-ppc ?


> While the binary is there:
> host# file bin/uname
> bin/uname: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1
> (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24,
> with unknown capability 0x41000000 = 0x11676e75, with unknown capability
> 0x10000 = 0x90401, stripped
> Let me know if you need more info to reproduce the issue.
> Thanks.
--------------------- address@hidden ----------------------
"Tout ce qui est impossible reste à accomplir"    Jules Verne
"Things are only impossible until they're not" Jean-Luc Picard

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]