qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:19:37 -0600

Filip Navara wrote:
If only everything was as easy as it sounds. Unfortunately
git-send-email was for long time unavailable to Windows users and even
now it is barely usable and hard to configure. TortoiseGit once again
doesn't work because of the changed setting on the nongnu.org mail
server... For me it is never-ending battle, instead of working on QEMU
I have to "fix" the GIT tools to send the patches properly each time I
want to send a patch.

Unfortunately, developing on Windows is going to be difficult because the vast majority of developers are on Unix platforms.

If there's something we can do to make that better, I'm all for it, but git's been a huge win for us. We simply couldn't support the volume of patches we do today without it.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori