qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:34:56 -0500

On 05/19/2010 12:04 AM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 05:38:27PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi,

In an effort to improve the 0.13 release quality, I'd like to host a
Bug Day on June 1st, 2010.  I've setup a quick wiki page with some
more info (http://wiki.qemu.org/BugDay/June2010).

Here's my basic thinking:

  - Anyone who can should try to spend some time either triaging
bugs, updating bug status, or actually fixing bugs.
  - We'll have a special IRC channel (#qemu-bugday) on OFTC.  As many
QEMU and KVM developers as possible should join this channel for
that day to help assist people working on bugs.
  - We'll try to migrate as many confirmable bugs from the Source
Forge tracker to Launchpad.

If this is successful, we'll try to have regular bug days.  Any
suggestions on how to make the experience as fun and productive as
possible are certainly appreciated!
The idea is nice, but would it be possible to hold this on a week-end,
I personally won't be able to attend such thing on a day week.

Or maybe holding that on two days: friday and saturday so that people
can participate at least one of the two days, depending if they do that
from work or from home.

The work week in Israel is Sunday - Thursday.

It would have to be Sunday and Monday but honestly, I think both days tend to be bad for this sort of thing.

I'd much rather do more frequent bug days and alternate between a weekday and a Saturday.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori